|Skokie, IL Police Officer Job Application
Skokie Police Department
Police Officer Job Application
Application Deadline: August 15, 2018 at 4:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- Minimum of 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at time of written examination (9/15/18)
- U.S. citizen or legally authorized to work in the US
- High school diploma or equivalent
- ONE of the following: Minimum of sixty (60) college semester hours from an accredited institution by application deadline date (8/15/18) OR Four (4) years of active military service with an Honorable Discharge by the application deadline date (8/15/18)
- Possess a valid Driver's License
- Proof of completion of Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) test with attainment date less than six (6) months prior to the written exam (9/15/18). POWER test cards will only be considered valid if dated 3/14/18-9/14/18. Cards accepted from all licensed agencies
- Compliance with Skokie Police Department Appearance Policy, specifically Article IV (Tattoos/Branding/Intentional Scarification/Body Art and Mutilation/Body Piercing) - please see Appearance Policy included in application packet
- Have correctable vision to 20/20 and have the ability to distinguish colors
- Within 24 months from hire, reside in Cook, Lake, or DuPage County in Illinois
- Enter into an "Authorization for Release of Personnel Information Agreement"
- Enter into an "Employment of Relatives Agreement" - Note: Applicants with relatives who are currently employees with the Village will not be eligible for hire - please contact IOS Recruitment for details
- Enter into an "Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement"
- Enter into a "Candidate Reimbursement Agreement"
- Must have ability to understand the English Language (written and spoken)
- Completion and submission of Village of Skokie Public Safety Application and other required documents to IOS Recruitment by 8/15/18 at 4:00 PM
Required Documentation (must be submitted to IOS Recruitment by 8/15/18 at 4:00 PM - documentation is not accepted via email):
- Village of Skokie Public Safety Application
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Employment of Relatives Agreement
- Abstinence from Tobacco Products Agreement
- Candidate Reimbursement Agreement
- Appearance Policy
- Copy of High School Diploma
- Original, Official College Transcripts OR Military DD-214 (long form)
- Copy of valid Driver's License
- Copy of Birth Record/Legal Authorization to work in the US
- Copy of valid POWER card dated 3/14/18 - 9/14/18
Eligible candidates must attend the written examination on Saturday, September 15, 2018. Please arrive no later than 8:45 AM with a photo-ID to sign-in. Exam administration starts promptly at 9:00 AM, no late admittance. Test will be held in Skokie, IL - Exact location will be released to eligible candidates.
Application Process Information:
The application package will contain instructions for completing the application and supplying all necessary documents. The application will be delivered via the website as a PDF document. We strongly recommend that you save this document to your computer or data storage device. Once completed, you must then print out the Skokie PD Application for submission.
You will also need to print and sign the required release forms and gather the required documents for submission to IOS Recruitment by the deadline (8/15/18 at 4:00 PM). Do not send applications or required documents to the Skokie Police Department or the Village of Skokie.
You are wholly responsible for the accuracy and completion of your application. Incorrect, missing, or otherwise incomplete applications will be cause for disqualification. Contact IOS Recruitment before the application deadline with any questions regarding the application, required documents, or testing. Application fees are non-refundable.